Arcade Prehacks

Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Re: How to hack using Flasm

Umm... hi, i need to know how to run the files, it say there that you just double clicked it,i did that, it told me to choose something to run it with and i chose flasm, now i cant change the file back to swf and when i do the procedure again it creates another copy as a swf, will this be a problem?

First of all, don't post in that size, it's hard to read and annoying.
    Second of all, you don't have to open the .swf file with Flasm. Open the command prompt and open Flasm from there, like in the tutorial.
    I've been here before.

when i try to reassemble the txt file i got an error in cmd saying
    "couldn't open input file DesktopTD15k.txt for reading"
    please help
    oh and I put flasm -a DesktopTD15k.txt in cmd like in the tutorial but it still didn't work

Make sure that your .txt file is called DesktopTD15k.txt
    Otherwise cmd nor flasm will recognize it
    Um... I used to be a moderator here...

thanks it turns out that i did name the file wrong sorry

Ok, I'm new here, and while I'm fairly adept at using Cheat-Engine-esque programs for finding/hacking variables on the fly, this is my first attempt at delving into editing the swf files themselves with flasm...but I keep running into the same problem.

NOTE: I'm running it on a Macbook, and yes, while I'll probably hear something along the lines of "use a PC", the fact is, a Mac's what I've got, so a Mac is what I have to use for this. ANYWAYS.

I downloaded Flasm, and moved the folder it was extracted to (originally named flasmmac and located in my Downloads folder) to my desktop and renamed it "flasm", no quotes. I then went to various sites, picking up various .swf files using either Unplug or the Page Info tool in Firefox. I then moved the .swf files into the flasm folder. I then opened flasm in Terminal (the Mac version of the command program in Windows) and typed the following command:

flasm -d xxxxx.swf > xxxxx.flm (xxxxx being a fill-in-the-blank for the file name, of course)

and I also tried

flasm -d xxxxx.swf > xxxxx.txt

In both cases, two things happened.
    First, Terminal spit back "-bash: flasm: command not found"
    Secondly, despite it apparently not being a valid command, in the flasm folder the .flm and .txt files WERE created...but they were both 0kb empty files, with just a blank page coming up in text editors.

What the devil is going on? I've been trying to figure this out for days...which is why I signed up here. Hopefully you guys can help me figure this thing out.

- Saucy

You could try dragging the .swf file over the flasm program file. It will open up the Terminal for a little bit and decompile it instantly into a .flm
    The down side: there are no breaks between lines... I find that annoying
    Um... I used to be a moderator here...

Nevermind, I'm a moron. Turns out the command for flasm on Macs isn't "flasm", it's "./flasm" . Problem solved. However, I do have another question...

On Macs, in the cache, rather than having easy names like "whatever.swf", the files all have randomly generated names, with no file extension (ie. "28235Anw3i1") which show up as blank page icons. When I take these files out, I can modify them with flasm by just adding .swf on the end, but after I recompile from a .flm back to a .swf, how do I insert the file back into my cache? I tried just moving the file over - I tried keeping the .swf extension on, and also tried removing it so the cache file kept it's original un-extensioned name - but whatever I try, the games I'm trying to hack don't load up the values I modified...they keep the original values that were in the unmodified cache file.

So:

a) Did that all make sense?
    b) Can someone tell me what I'm screwing up on?

Thanks in advance,
    - Saucy

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack
    Nevermind, I'm a moron. Turns out the command for flasm on Macs isn't "flasm", it's "./flasm" . Problem solved. However, I do have another question...

On Macs, in the cache, rather than having easy names like "whatever.swf", the files all have randomly generated names, with no file extension (ie. "28235Anw3i1") which show up as blank page icons. When I take these files out, I can modify them with flasm by just adding .swf on the end, but after I recompile from a .flm back to a .swf, how do I insert the file back into my cache? I tried just moving the file over - I tried keeping the .swf extension on, and also tried removing it so the cache file kept it's original un-extensioned name - but whatever I try, the games I'm trying to hack don't load up the values I modified...they keep the original values that were in the unmodified cache file.

So:

a) Did that all make sense?
    b) Can someone tell me what I'm screwing up on?

Thanks in advance,
    - Saucy

Ok so let me get this right..

You are changing the varibles in the txt file right? And when you play the SWF it is the same? That happened to me once. First re-assemble the game then dis assemble it (surely you know the commands..)

Next open up the txt file and change the stuff you want but make sure if its gonna be unlimited do about 5-6 9's or whatever. Dont over do it. Save it as txt.file hacked or whatever. Play it and it should work. thats what I did and it worked.

I could hack the game presented on the tutorial, but i have trouble in hacking other games...

Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast