Arcade Prehacks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ohgodwhatisthis

Re: ohgodwhatisthis

Quote Originally Posted by spiderkid12
    I didn't use bauhaus.
    I know you didn't, but it appears to be a very similar variation on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

k, Added another "signature". Like I said, that was my first time using a render, and I went totally blank after putting the render in. So obviously, I still need to read some tuts & learn new smexy tricks.

Don't add another render
    Text is poo, but mine is never better so yeah join the I suck with Text club

That background I swear I recognize from a tutorial on GIMPTalk? is it? one of the GIMP forums

I do like the background, but needs C4Ds and Fractals to add some filling, and maybe something else in the background.

That's pretty good, a lot like how I start out with my signatures before I add any blending, though I don't usually center my renders (I use the rule of thirds), and it's rather monotone. One "smexy" trick that I find absolutely necessary when blending my signatures is smudging. I don't know if you have ever tried it, but if you haven't, it's something you should learn. I usually have smudged gradients as the first part of my background, and then (after adding more to the bg) add more above the render to blend it and add depth. I either select small bit of the render with free select (so I can get the right shape) or whatever it's called, scale and rotate it, and then smudge it, or just add a thick, scribbly line and smudge it. I like to use the default brushes (like in http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2743 ... ngtips.png) as well as downloaded "smudge brushes".
    I just thought I'd talk about smudging a bit since Willy mentioned C4D's and fractals.
    Also, for when you're mind completely goes blank: look at some tutorials. I am quite against following full tag tuts word for word, so I just scan over lots of them to find new techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    Don't add another render
    Text is poo, but mine is never better so yeah join the I suck with Text club
    I've sucked with text ever since I started using photoshop 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy

That background I swear I recognize from a tutorial on GIMPTalk? is it? one of the GIMP forums

I do like the background, but needs C4Ds and Fractals to add some filling, and maybe something else in the background.
    Bro, I don't use gimp. I just..do things I do know what I'm doing but sometimes it even surprises me how it turns out.
    I've actually been looking into C4Ds. I'll try using fractals though first.

Quote Originally Posted by Soewut
    That's pretty good, a lot like how I start out with my signatures before I add any blending, though I don't usually center my renders (I use the rule of thirds), and it's rather monotone. One "smexy" trick that I find absolutely necessary when blending my signatures is smudging. I don't know if you have ever tried it, but if you haven't, it's something you should learn. I usually have smudged gradients as the first part of my background, and then (after adding more to the bg) add more above the render to blend it and add depth. I either select small bit of the render with free select (so I can get the right shape) or whatever it's called, scale and rotate it, and then smudge it, or just add a thick, scribbly line and smudge it. I like to use the default brushes (like in http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2743 ... ngtips.png) as well as downloaded "smudge brushes".
    I just thought I'd talk about smudging a bit since Willy mentioned C4D's and fractals.
    Also, for when you're mind completely goes blank: look at some tutorials. I am quite against following full tag tuts word for word, so I just scan over lots of them to find new techniques.
    Thanks. And yeah I do know it's pretty monotone, I do have a few other renders that I'll try playing around with today. Smudging is something I've wanted to try out for so long </3 I'll try playing around today. I normally have issues with gradients, mainly because I find them a bit too confusing. But thanks I'll keep it in mind when I make my next one I'm actually surprised you said it was good, I mean I was just screwing around on the internet looking at stuff I wanted to use for my desktop background and I found that deadpool picture. But thanks guys.

Smudging is something that can be done in hundreds of different ways, so any tips are to get one particular type of smudge. There are tons of tutorials and you can find a style you like and try to emulate it.
    Depending on what your doing, the smudges will be different. The smudges you've made are very thick, widespread, and in some places quite transparent. I would probably use something like this to add to the background of a signature, and use the opposite style for the foreground. Try experimenting with the smudge setting. When I smudge a gradient, I always use a big jitter.
    Anyways, just keep on working on this stuff.

Smudging is something that can be done in hundreds of different ways, so any tips are to get one particular type of smudge. There are tons of tutorials and you can find a style you like and try to emulate it.
    Depending on what your doing, the smudges will be different. The smudges you've made are very thick, widespread, and in some places quite transparent.
    And I suppose it's bad to have thick smudges?

I would probably use something like this to add to the background of a signature, and use the opposite style for the foreground. Try experimenting with the smudge setting.
    I didn't want to smudge the brick wall because it would look horrendous, so I just picked the designs because I figured it wouldn't turn out bad. I will try experimenting though, thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast