Arcade Prehacks

Why is there so many bots in this forum?

As title says.
    This problem doesn't occur in other forums, so why does it occurs here?

Banned

Re: Why is there so many bots in this forum?

Because it's a very popular forum

This happens because arcadeprehacks doesn't use captchas to (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart). A captcha is an image of distorted text. Most forums use this because humans can type the distorted text and bots cant. this means that bots cant join forums that have captchas. The person who came up with captchas probaly came up with the text that the acronym/abbreviation stands for after the name of the acronym because captcha sounds like capture. I dont know why arcadeprehacks doesn't do this, but bots aren't much of a problem here . also you can notice that captchas are always changing with time because bots are advancing

I hate those things. I have fun editing advertising posts, and I hate putting in Captchas on Facebook to add friends.

It is a complete and total time-waster in my opinion

If an admin sees a bot they just delete them or ban IP/account
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: The Lord comes swiftly.

yeah, captchas are annoying but im pretty sure that they are used to prevent hacking. Since there are programs designed to hack accounts they prevent these programs from trying every possible commbination of characters for a password because after a few tries it makes you put in a captcha. It also works to have a certain ammount of log in attempts (im pretty sure ths is what aph does) but i think that is even more annoying if you forget your password . Thats why really big sites like for example gmail have no max ammount of log in attempts but do make you put in a captcha in eventually.